Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Driving

If the sky held clouds,
Or if it were to be cloudless,
I wouldn’t heed because I know that my love will still be there
Ready to go when there are no crowds
And set to move if those packs emerge
Engine turns and pistons flare while the
Dashboard comes to life once more.

The engine is smoothly turning
Gasoline is slowly burning,
I grasp the steering wheel and
Feeling the yearning
of my feet to get moving,
Shift into drive and
Let my breath go, go, go.
I am running away from nothing,
But at the same time I am running towards nothing,

Just driving for now will keep me
Thriving off of speed, fresh night air
All while I watch the street lights go, go by.
Driving down the now vacant highways
Listening to the raindrops as they
Splash and play on the window panes.
My thoughts float through my mind
As I watch the yellow and white road-lines fall under
My tires.

Image in the rear-view embeds:
Dark clouds drifting gently off to sleep as
I get to see, much like fire, the sun rise
To meet me and smile as it tells me
“I am with-holding all your lies”

The rain breaks and sun shards fleck the
Asphalt with crystal that was
Marred by the drizzle
I hear the raindrops begin to sizzle on the hood,
in the returning summer heat
Of back-country highways where
Tumble-weeds brawl.

I ease my foot of the pedal and watch the speedometer fall

I know my drive was only a quick fix for the unfixable
Infatuation I have coursing through my senses
Brake fluid and well tuned brakes couldn’t stop this
Wonderful pile up of car crashed emotions that are
Scrambling to escape my hold.

I put my baby in drive and know that,
Whenever I need her, she’ll be right
here waiting for me when I need the lies to help me escape these ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment