Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thoughts

Please read the note at the end.


Thoughts


If I could read your words again and again
I know that I would not tire of them,
Because, when I read them, I hear your voice.

If I could fly back in time, to change what I did
I wouldn’t take that flight.
I would stand by my actions,
To not, would be below my expectations
It would be below yours.

I came to what I thought was home and found myself thinking of you
Then I found myself cold and alone and dreaming of you
You won’t leave me
But you’ve already left the country
And now that your miles away and writing poems about
Me, what am I supposed to do?


Note: I wrote this, not long ago, and wanted to give myself a safety net here, what I write about myself is true, what I write about the other person is only thoughts/ideas, hopes, ideals even, but not pure fact.

1 comment:

  1. I like the first two lines of the second paragraph. The second line is not what the reader is expecting so grabs their interest.

    I also like the the last two lines of the third paragraph.

    ReplyDelete