Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Something new 2nd Edition

New hand, soft and unfamiliar
In their gentleness hold me
Keep me afloat and let me
Surrender for as long as
I need to not Hold it together
A voice that tells me
“it will be okay”
Without saying those four words
In that sequence or in
The same instance.
Each pair of eyes
I have ever met are their
Own individual.
These eyes are o exception
These are cool rivers
Running over parched rocks
In dry cracked up mudded
Waterways.
Behind each embrace there is
The secret of tenderness and
Strength that cannot be measured
Though we may travel the world
I know we will meet again
The roaring of the world
Comes to a slow and beautiful halt
As I lay in your summer bed
For what could be the thousandth time but
I know it is the first
Wrapped in blue sheets we lay
Running hands over bodies and I
Ask ‘why’
‘to remember all of you’
Safety, security and comfort engulf me
And now all I wish is that
You were here to help
Me through these things
You helped set in motion

No comments:

Post a Comment